|Me and Neiman’s one and only, Frannie|
Worth the wait and bursting with newlywed must-haves, I give you Part 2 of Everything You Need to Know About Registering for Your Wedding. Enjoy!
WHAT TO REGISTER FOR
REGISTERING DO’S and DON’TS
- If you need linens, do register for bedding and towels.
- If you’ve always wanted a waffle iron, register for one. However I recommend you be cautious when it comes to appliances, because do you really need three panini presses?
- Sterling silver flatware comes with a hefty price tag, so if grandmother plans on giving you hers or you don’t feel it’s a priority, leave it off the registry. However, I highly recommend you register for wedding china. You will covet it, and take tremendous pride passing it down to your children someday.
- Do write thank you notes for every gift that you receive (check my Everything You Need to Know About Thank You Notes post for tips).
- Do return duplicates and exchange them for something else on your registry that you need.
- Some bride and grooms request that guests donate to a charity in lieu of or in addition to their gift registry. If there is a charity that holds a special place in your heart, by all means add it to the registry!