- Take cues from your seat-mate: Your seat-mate (or you!) might love to hear a fellow passengers life’s story, or prefer to be incognito for the flight a la ear buds from take-off to landing. Either way, observe their social cues and respect them (and their personal space).
- Mind the armrest: Let’s face it, we all want to indulge in the armrest during the flight. If you’re sitting in the aisle or window, kindly let the middle seat use the interior armrest for some of the flight
- Sweet smelling snacks: Due to the tight quarters and recycled air, consider bringing scentless snacks on the plane so the entire cabin doesn’t smell like french fries!
- Patience is a virtue: From the crying baby behind you to exiting the plane, at the end of the day travel can be stressful and everyone wants a pleasant flying experience. Strive to be patient and understanding of others, including the stews.
- Courteous of carry-ons: Most people carry-on these days leaving little room in the overhead bins. So everyone has a spot for their luggage, aim to put one carry-on in the bin designated for your row, and one below at your feet.
- Enjoying entertainment: Whether you plan on listening to music or watching a movie, use your head phones so the rest of the plane isn’t disturbed.
We ventured to gorgeous California for a little R&R recently, and my mom hosted the most incredible baby shower for me and Baby U! It was beyond special to celebrate our bundle of joy with family and dear friends from my childhood, and a day I will always cherish. My mom, an accomplished interior designer and hostess-with-the-mostess, choreographed a MBB-approved luncheon filled with exquisite details I’m still dreaming about (and can’t wait to replicate for the next shower I host!), including moss covered pots filled with lush blue hydrangeas as centerpieces, sweet little nests adorned with monogrammed eggs as place cards, and a menu inspired by my favorite LA eatery, The Ivy (prepared by the fabulous Lana Olmstead!). I hope you enjoy a glimpse of this sensational fete for our bebe!
Whether dashing home for the holidays, attending a friend’s destination wedding or jet-setting to our beloved Hawaii, we adore traveling. With the joys of visiting exotic locales though, comes the actual travel itself – i.e., flying. Sometimes flying can be a lovely experience, while other times, there can be delays, unruly passengers, and perhaps even an unpleasant stew! No matter the circumstances and as with all situations in life, strive to be on your best behavior and follow these travel etiquette tips.
Tickled pink by this whimsical Dior ad (it reminds me of a chic Alice in Wonderland!), I decided to design a spring tablescape and I must admit I am simply smitten with it. Marring gorgeous greens and pretty pinks, this tablescape is perfect for a mimosa-filled brunch, dinner in the garden, or a lovely ladies luncheon. Enjoy!
5. Place mat
7. Dinner plate
8. Salad plate