Many of us are at home learning to navigate this new normal, and so I wanted to share some delicious recipes, fabulous books to read, and entertaining activities to keep busy. Enjoy, and hope you all stay safe and healthy!
Recipes to Try
- Now that the weather is warming up, a Berries & Cream Smoothie would be the perfect breakfast or refreshing afternoon treat.
- I made Ina’s Chicken Chili and these Cornbread Muffins for dinner last night, and it was such a delicious and healthy meal we all enjoyed. I paired it with a simple green salad too.
- Charlie Bird’s Farro Salad is on my list to make next week.
- These precious Easter cupcakes would be so darling for Easter brunch. I’m going to make them with the boys! I love this sweet cupcake kit as well.
Books to Read
- I am starting “The Two Lives of Lydia Bird” by Josie Silver tonight and can’t wait. I read her first book, and fell in love – it’s funny, charming and lighthearted.
- A dear friend gave me this book for my birthday, and I am so excited to start reading it.
- Set in London, “Surprise Me!” is a book I couldn’t put down! It’s an easy read, and a definite “feel-good” story.
Activities to Do
- Clean closets and organize – de-cluttering your space feels fantastic. The Neat Method has the best tips.
- Retail therapy from the comfort of your home! There are so many great sales and gift card promotions right now in fashion, beauty and home – here, here, here, and here have some amazing offers.
- Puzzles challenge your mind, and are a fun activity you can do solo or with your family.
- Listen to a new podcast – Goop has really intriguing options.
- Channel your inner artist and paint or color in a coloring book. I love this one about interior design!
- Host a family Game night – we’ve played Guess Who? and Candyland and needless to say the boys have loved both.
- Treat yourself to a spa night, with a revitalizing mask and bubble bath, or give your self a manicure/pedicure and try a vibrant new polish.