I am hosting a birthday party (for couples) for a dear friend, and it will be a seated meal. I’d love to do place cards as you always suggest, however I’m stumped on how to arrange the seating chart. Any tips?
How fabulous you are throwing your friend a celebratory soirée and a very happy birthday to her! You are spot on with place cards, as this will put your guests at ease when searching for their seats. In terms of the actual seating chart, here are a few MBB tips to keep in mind as you choreograph your table. Also, here are some elegant and classic place cards to consider in case you are still on the hunt!
- To encourage engagement with the entire table, seat boy-girl (*note you can still keep couples together this way)
- Play matchmaker and seat people with common interests together
- Seat yourself close to the kitchen so you can hop up and tend to the food, assist the caterer if applicable, etc.
- Seat extroverts next to introverts
- To help align the puzzle pieces of the seating chart, draw the table on a piece of paper, and write guest’s names on little post-its so you can arrange and re-arrange until you have the right configuration